Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Writer's Block

Y'know. It's really ironic and frustrating that my creative writing teacher gives us a packet from a book he's read about writer's block, then, helpfully, the next weekend and for the rest of the week, I had none other than writer's block. I haven't been able to write anything creative and flowing for the last week and it's DRIVING ME INSANE! You see, I'm writing a book and I'm almost finished, yet I can't seem to write it because of the lingering, powerful, looming sense of writer's block. Every time I have a sliver of an idea sift through my brain, somehow the ever-present curse flaps its wings and it puffs into a cloud of creative smoke. I don't understand why I have it and I'm having a week where I want to shoot myself because of the overwhelming humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment