Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thoughts

I'm thinking about you.
I'm thinking about you like laughs think about oxygen. Like oxygen thinks about lips. LIke lips think about . . . chapstick? I'm thinking about you like brissels think about paint. Like lies think about the truth. Like faith thinks about trust. I'm thinking about you like cowboys think about bridles. Like bridles think about the taut muscles on a horse's back. I'm thinking about you like tires think about sunburnt sidewalks and dried ice cream. Like chlorine thinks about skin. Like tongues think about the smoothness of frozen yogurt. Like chick thinks about flicks. I'm thinking about you like Vitamin D thinks about the peach fuzz on a baby's exposed cheeks. Like fingers think about texture. I'm thinking about you like heads think about the soft down feathers of their pillows after a hard day. Like boxes think about chocolate. Like locks think about keys. I'm thinking about you like the long hand thinks about those sixty minutes it'll take before it can reach the short hand again. Like fire thinks about grease. I'm thinking about you like teeth think about piercing the skin of a firm, refrigerated pear. I'm thinking about you like the sun thinks about the moon. Like firemen hope when they're on a job that they can see their wives again. Like blood thinks about flowing. Like hearts think about breaking. I'm thinking about you. Now, even as I talk, I'm thinking of you.

1 comment:

  1. Very well written! It shows your personality and it's very original! Good job!

    ReplyDelete